Welcome to the Interagency UAS Website
This website is intended to provide operational knowledge primarily for interagency fire UAS operations. Department level information, such as 2U reports, pilot qualifications, and aircraft information is available via a Sharepoint site maintained by OAS.
- Updated SGI Template and Instructions, 7/26/2021 (JDM and JM)
- Added UASD Performance Metrics by Rich Thurau, 7/19/2021 (JM)
Interagency UAS Operations
- Safely, effectively, and efficiently employ UAS in support of resource program, or incident management objectives.
- Develop UAS operations capacity through standard safety, training, flight, data collection, data processing, and project management processes.
- Develop a contract program (data and flight), which supports incident and resource management objectives.
UAS can positively impact every resource program by utilizing state of the art equipment. UAS derived data and imagery empowers scientists, incident personnel, and senior leaders to make informed decisions based on precise and real-time information. Data gathered from UAS is unique due to the ability of the aircraft to fly low, slow, and for long periods of time while collecting high-resolution imagery and sub-centimeter data. Presently, A-450 Basic Remote Pilot, and the Advanced UAS Workshop are required to support the agency UAS mission.
UAS Mission Locations for FY2020 have been updated through August 25, 2020.